Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

FIFTY FIRST POST-PARALLEL TO TENDULKAR:):)

Numbers do not normally mean anything to me except to the extent of some strange coincidence relating to recurrence of certain events on certain dates.However when i see the tribute pouring in on Tendulkar, THE little master(Is he still little master!) on his fify first century in the recent test series against South Africa, i thought i could also share with him on the popularity and publicity(ardent fans of Tendulkar are requested not to take this blog post too seriously)wehn i go in to pen for my 51ST BLOG POST.

It appears as if i have started blogging only yesterday after couple of abortive attempts and after quite a few instances of absent mindedness regarding pass words, resulting in remaining as a non starter for quite a few months.Then , due to the untiring cajoling by my son(if readers of this blog have got any compliments to make it is purely due to my son and brick bats if any belong solely to me) already a half century is completed and i owe this post to my dear son.

The fact that he is miles away at Hongkong, trying to settle down to new environment, new friends, new curriculam, new food habits etc has not withered him a bit as could be witnessed from his blog posts at Transient lines@blogpost.com,which has prompted me to go in for this post , though it is comparatively a hectic day.

New year has dawned well and already a week old.Quite a few things which i did not anticipate in the beginning of the new year 2010 , has happened in the first seven days of the new year 2011, which among other things include my son's moving to the campus at Honkong baptist univeristy exactly on the new year day , my daughter landing at USA (which gave me a sense of joy and pride as if i have landed there my self)on the 3rd day of the new year and one of my auditor friends coming in person and congratulating me for being fortunate to have a son and daughter like the ones i had.He was particularly making a reference to the post of my son in his blog on my birth day and i was moved beyond words.

Exactly an year back, both my eyes (MY son and duaghter) were waging a battle of their own on issues relating to the personal/academic/professional sides and the fact that they had stood the test of time with grit and determination and came out successfull at the end of it all bore testomony to their inner strength and potential.The fact that they listened to what others said and waited with patience for the light at the end of the tunnel should be an eye opener to youngsters who are struggling with out guidance .Belief in one's own credentials, hope, trust and a deep bond of understanding can do wonders.

The mind is now relaxed,It is neither jubiliant nor depressed and come to think of it when my son and daughter took leave of us, it looked as if they were waiting for the same to happen and did not show any apprehensions/anxities or jubiliations about it.

AND I THINK THAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT LESSON OF THE NEW YEAR. LIFE'S EVENTS TO SOME EXTENT ONY ARE UNDER OUR CONTROL AND MOST OF THE TIMES OUR CHOICES ARE LIMITED.WITHIN THESE LIMITATIONS TO CHOOSE WHAT TO DO AND WHAT NOT TO DO AND TO PURSUE THEM WITH SINGLE MINDED DEVOTION,OBLIVIOUS OF THE OUTCOME AND TO ACCEPT THE OUTCOME WITH GRACE ARE THE GREATEST TRAITS ONE CAN IMBIBE AND PRACTICE TO LEAD A HEALTHY LIFE.I AM GLAD THAT THE SUPREME POWWER HAS MOULDED US IN THIS DIRECTION.

HIP HIP HURRAY

2 comments:

  1. aaanaalum yenna romba thaan pugazhara (hehe). I am glad you started blogging too appa. It makes me read your general thoughts on things more and I am sure others who encounter your blog will feel the same :)

    Even I cannot believe you have scaled fifty! :) I am happy! Yay! :D And may there be many, many more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To praise those who are worthy of it and to mend those who are faulting, at the appropriate time are traits one should cultivate consciously and i think that i am doing only that.I am sure you are also of the same type.A praise to a right person for a correct doing can propel him/her to greater heights and calling a spade a spade at the right time can help those who are about to trip and fall.THAT IS PRECISELY THE ESSENCE OF THE MESSAGE.
    And your happiness is mine too!! Right:):)

    ReplyDelete